As a Benefits Marketing Company with 30 years of experience in the industry, DAIS is committed to providing individuals, employers and brokers with the highest level of service at competitive rates.
With strategic industry partnerships, such as Ameritas Group, and as the Exclusive Marketing Company for SmileSaver, DAIS is able to find solutions to best match your dental needs.
- 1977: Dental Alternatives Insurance Services, Inc. (DAIS) was founded by Maribeth Tennison as a Dental Benefits Marketing Company.
- 1977: Maribeth helped start Professional Dental Services, Inc. (PDS), and applied for a Knox-Keene Specialized Health Care Service Plan License.
- 1978: PDS was Licensed by the California Department of Corporations and began offering dental plans to individuals and employer groups throughout California.
- 1984: PDS was acquired by SmileSaver Dental Plans. SmileSaver contracted DAIS to create Group Plans for SmileSaver and market their Individual and Group Dental Plans throughout California.
- 1998: SmileSaver was acquired by General Electric (GE) and Dental Alternatives became a GE Partner continuing to market the SmileSaver Plans.
- 2004: SafeGuard Health Plans, Inc. acquired SmileSaver Dental and Vision and continued the Marketing Agreement with Dental Alternatives.
- 2004: In 20 years, DAIS has enrolled over 400,000 new subscribers in SmileSaver.
- 2004: Maribeth Tennison and her husband Lance started Superior Administrators, Inc. a Third Party Administration Company offering Self Funded Administration of Large Group Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life, EAP, Identity Theft and Catastrophic High Deductible Medical Plans as well as MiniMeds nationwide. Superior Administrators offers excellent services, systems and personalized customer service missing from many medical service companies today.
- 2007: SafeGuard Health Plans, Inc. announced that Dental Alternatives Insurance Services, Inc. would take over all marketing for SmileSaver Dental Plans throughout California servicing the needs of all brokers and GA’s.
- 2007: DAIS joined forces with Ameritas Group to offer brokers excellent alternatives for dental and vision PPO’s and First Dental Health EPO’s.
- 2009: MetLife acquired SafeGuard Health Plans and continued the relationship with DAIS as the Exclusive Marketing Company for SmileSaver Dental and Vision.